Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Milk Ginger Tea / teh tarik halia / Teh Susu Halia / Ginger tea with condensed milk recipe

These days whenever we go out for lunch we love to have Teh Tarik Halia / Teh Susu Halia (Ginger tea with condensed milk) after our meals. One of the shop near our office really makes it well.  It was pouring outside. And I was so tempted to have some tea. When I started making tea I had this sudden craving for ginger tea. So I have decided to go for it. With my favourite book, hot tea and pouring outside what a feeling.. 

Ingredients

Water - 2 cups 
Ginger - 2 inches, chopped roughly or smashed
 
Tea powder - 1.5 teaspoon
 (I have used 3 roses)
Condensed milk - 2 tablespoon
sugar to taste (Optional, I didn't use it)


Method:

Put ginger, tea powder and water into a small pot, bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Switch it off.  
Add condensed milk and sugar to taste.
Mix well. Take a glass / another vessel. "Pull" the tea back and forth (basically pour from one cup to the other, the higher you can go, the better, until it's nice and frothy on top and a good drinking temperature.  
Serve hot in a glass

No comments:

Post a Comment